Books still to collect: 81

Wednesday 8 June 2011

How Much is that Invisible Dog in the Window?

Er, a bit of a rip-off at £20. Compared to my recent Phantom Lake and Magic Circle purchases, all of which cost the same amount, this is a real disappointment. Anyway, it is a large hardback with dustjacket and for that I suppose I should be thankful. It makes me think of the one that got away, ie the Invisible Dog I blogged about a few months ago that was on sale on Abebooks for £35. That actually looks like a bargain compared to this rather poor condition effort. It's amazing what Amazon dealers consider to be in "good" condition. All three of the large dustjackets I bought recently were described this way, with radically different results when the books arrived in the post. Here are the boards:Not absolutely terrible, I suppose. And better than a kick in the nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment