Books still to collect: 81

Wednesday 3 October 2012

A Monster Mountain Begot Upon Itself

So I received an email, bloggers, from a blog follower giving me a hint that there was a small hardback Monster Mountain on ebay’s Australian site.  It was a bit expensive though, but I had my eyes opened a wee bit.  You see, I hadn’t really bothered looking to Australia much for this collection as postage rates are eye-wateringly high so imagine my surprise when I saw not only this small Monster Mountain but another two; along with dozens of other high quality hardbacks both Collins and Random House.  There were in fact easily five times as many Collins hardbacks listed than on the UK site.  I have a theory that these Collins books were very heavily distributed in the colonies.  A quick check of other titles appeared to confirm this theory; there were plenty of Malcolm Savilles, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drews, Pony Libraries, Enid Blytons, Jennings, etc etc.  Check it out if you don’t believe me; here’s a link to the three investigators books currently listed down under:
If you look and don’t see considerably more than are listed on the UK site, I’ll eat my hat.  Fortunately, folks, it’s a chocolate hat, so I’m covered in case of any eventuality. 

Anyway, I went ahead and ordered the book and here it is: 
Not bad, if a little worn at edges of spine.  This, of course, completes my small hardback collection and indeed my UK hardback collection as I now have all large and small hardbacks in the series.  Sheer nectar, eh, bloggers?. 

1 comment:

  1. I've read several just right stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting.

    I wonder how a lot attempt you put to create such a fantastic informative site.


    My homepage strap on femdom

    ReplyDelete