Books still to collect: 81

Sunday 14 August 2011

And Now The Screaming Clock Starts

I am constantly amazed, Bloggers, by the high quality of the books I have gathered for this collection. By and large they arte better than those I had previously. Fair enough, you may say, since the last lot were all bought from charity shops and car boot sales etc. Anyway, the streak of outstanding quality continues with this:
A striking example of a large Screaming Clock if ever I saw one. Sure the grandfather of all Screaming Clocks, this; a first edition in excellent condition.

I remember a few years ago, folks, when I was in Hay on Wye buying some books, and found myself in The Children's Bookshop (the one just outside the village, not s's on the Main Street). They had a lovely copy of this book priced at £10, which I remember thinking was an outrageous price at the time. I mistakenly thought I already had a copy and didn't buy it and remember being really angry with myself as it ended up being the only UK hardback T3I book I never had in my collection. The thing was, £10 was way more than I had ever paid for a book before this. I think the most I ever spent was £4 on a nice large Green Ghost. How times have changed in the days of Abebooks dealers hoping to get £106 for a Nervous Lion in "acceptable" condition!


No comments:

Post a Comment