Books still to collect: 81

Saturday 1 February 2014

A Year Passes...

It’s been a while since I updated this blog, fellow T3I fans, so it’s time to answer the question I keep getting asked... What happened next?
If you recall, when last we met, I had just completed the collection of UK hardbacks and had vowed to get the paperback collection up to the same standard.  Unfortunately that’s not exactly what happened.  You see, bloggers, I discovered something very interesting.  Bugger me, but collecting Hardback Three Investigators books is much more fun than collecting paperback editions.  And with the best will in the world I just couldn’t muster the same enthusiasm I had for the HB collection so the paperback collection ended up generally stagnant.  That’s not to say I stopped buying Three Investigators book s completely, in fact far from it.  What I have been doing for the past year or so is buying up all of the Collins dustjacketted editions I could find.  If they were an upgrade for me, that was fine, if not, on to eBay they went, sometimes for an awesome profit.  The result has been twofold; 1: I have upgraded many of my Large Collins editions and 2 I have made enough cash selling these books that the entire collection is now in positive equity for me, ie they cost me nothing and I have money left over to buy more books.  How is this possible I hear you ask.  Well, if you can sell a Deadly Double with DJ for over £250, and numerous other editions for between the £100 and £200 mark, it doesn’t take long to recoup your investment and more. 
As we enter the 50th anniversary year of The Three Investigators, I feel it’s time to get on with things and get this collection finally completed.  The first thing to do is to take stock of what I have and calculate exactly what is needed, so here we go.

2 comments: