Books still to collect: 81

Saturday 22 February 2014

The Cry Is Still, "They Come:" Our Terror Castle's Strength


I was busy preparing the next post for this blog, which documents the state of my small hardback collection, when I had to go to Paisley for a meeting last Friday afternoon.  Now, I know what you’re thinking, bloggers, “what kind of lunatic calls a meeting on a Friday afternoon anywhere, never mind in fucking Paisley?”, and I hear you, bloggers, I hear you.  Anyway that’s all beside the point and my view is every cloud, so I took the opportunity to check out the charity shops while I was there.  Paisley charity shops have been kind to me in the past and I remember finding a Rivals of the Chalet School 1st w/DJ there many years ago.  Nothing compared to what faced me in the new Debra shop on Moss Street though:
Did you see it there?  Nestled right in the middle of the shelf, sandwiched between Kiss Good Night Sam and Karate Test Techniques.  What more can I say that lovely biscuits, nectar of the gods, dillion, beezer etc etc.  Three Investigators hardbacks in charity shops are a rare thing indeed.  I feel I can comment authoritatively on the subject, as I am frankly never out of the places.  Actually, I can’t walk past one and always marvel at the people who have the uncanny levels of will power to do so.  Since I stated this blog, I think I’ve found precisely three hardbacks in charity shops, that large Shrinking house with dire biblical inscriptions from East Kilbride, a small Dead Man’s Riddle in Ayr and this one.  That’s a strike rate of less than one a year, FFS, so you can understand my joy this week.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever finish your collection? I enjoyed reading the blog, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Spudgun, good point its time i continued blogging...

    ReplyDelete