Books still to collect: 81

Monday 4 April 2011

Big Tiny's Excellent Donation

I received a most excellent email from blog follower big tiny recently, rather cryptically, it contained no text but only this picture: I asked him if he was trying to tease me with some hardbacks..His response? “Oh yes”. The next time I saw him, he presented me with these: How about that folks, not only four hardbacks, but a dustjacketted hardback Dead Man’s Riddle to boot! This constitutes the first dustjacket in my collection. The condition of some of these is, frankly, awful. The Silver Spider is heavily worn and taped and the ex-library Dead Man’s Riddle has come away from the spine at the front hinge: That Green Ghost, however, is really good; as good a copy as you could probably expect. These are all books that Big Tiny picked up when we were both on a Three Investigators collecting spree several years ago. I remember giving him a huge bag of Three Investigators books years ago, the idea was that we would swap any doubles or upgrades we got. Hopefully one day I will be able to upgrade that Silver Spider, however in the meantime, it counts as a book, so I can tick it off my checklist. Nectar, Jeeves, only 189 books to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment