Books still to collect: 81

Monday 11 April 2011

Jackpot!

This most awesome parcel has arrived: I know what you're thinking. Same as me: FUCKING JACKPOT! Check out the contents of this box of delights: What a beezer, folks!! This is the first big collection of Three Investigators books I have bought since I started this new collection. It was an eBay auction (naturally – what isn’t?) that I managed to get for a ridiculously cheap price. I’ll tell you just how ridiculous and cheap in a minute. The cream of the bunch, of course, these quite magnificent large hardbacks: Some minor fading to spines if I’m being hypercritical, but really the first three are in really excellent condition. That Moaning Cave is an absolute dillion. The remainder of the parcel contents were all paperbacks: Condition of the majority of these leaves a lot to be desired, especially the older ones. Condition improves the higher the book number, and although some are ex-library, there are some acceptable books here. The majority will probably need to be upgraded, though, however I reckon I won’t have too many problems finding better examples. There were also a couple of boxed sets present:
These had random books just stuck in them, so I’m not really sure what the original contents should be. If anyone has an idea, please let me know. Both boxes are in VG condition.


So, what did this lot of 39 books set me back? Believe it or not, £20.50 including postage! Fan me, how much cheaper do you want books to be? Those hardbacks would surely fetch around £15 each without any problem on eBay, so I reckon that this lot is worth at least £60 without even bringing all those paperbacks into the equation. The moral here, bloggers, is that bargains are still to be found out there, it’s just a matter of tracking them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment