Books still to collect: 81

Thursday 17 March 2011

Anything nice on AbeBooks?

Thinking about other possible sources of Three Investigators books, I thought I may have a squint at AbeBooks. I’m glad I did, for in amongst the crazy ads (£744.04 for an Armada paperback copy of Laughing Shadow – I kid you not) I found this absolute gem:
Descibed as: “First UK edition hard back binding in publisher's original panoramic colour illustrated paper covered boards, illustrated end papers. 8vo. 8'' x 5½''. Contains 160 printed pages of text. Superficial wear to the lower spine end. Near Fine condition book in Fine condition illustrated dust wrapper, not price clipped.” What a cracker and reasonably priced at £33.85 including postage. I think it’s a bit early to be paying these kind of prices for single books at the moment, so I’ll keep my powder dry for now as it were. Nice book, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment