Books still to collect: 81

Thursday 17 March 2011

What's on eBay?

I thought I would have a look on eBay to see what Three Investigators books are on offer. The usual bunch of single paperback editions are listed, but I came across a seller who has some very interesting lots. The first lot of theirs I looked at contained this picture:
Fair enough, and the description of “good, clean condition, original owner, smoke and pet free home, slight yellowing of pages due to age” seemed reasonable. The current price for this lot is £4.99 with one bid. Then I looked to see what else they were selling and spotted this:
Honestly, is that the best picture you could manage? This is by far the best Three Investigators lot listed currently and easily by far the worst picture. I have no idea what the seller was thinking about when they went with this graphic. The other lot they have listed:
frankly doesn’t look much better does it? Although at least they managed to get the picture the right way up. Anyway, I’ll certainly be putting some bids in for all of these lots, you never know your luck and if you’re not in, you can’t win. I suspect they will all go for a much higher price than I can afford at this point, I really must get around to listing that Fireball XL-5 book to raise some funds so I can increase my bids. I see they also have a nice pictorial cover Jennings book that I will bid on, however that topic is outwith the scope of this blog, so I will mention it not.

No comments:

Post a Comment