Books still to collect: 81

Wednesday 16 March 2011

The collection begins!

The time has come for me to start putting books into this collection. Where better a place to start looking than close to home, ie in my flat. Over the past couple of years I’ve been picking up the occasional Three Investigators paperback in the various Hampshire charity shops near where I stay. A quick shufty revealed this lot of books:
Not a bad start, eh? Although I see that even though I have only bought nine books, I have already got myself a deadly double! In this case, two copies of 3rd paperback Dancing Devil. Doubles are easy to deal with. You simply have a look at the books, decide which one you want to keep and put the other in your auction pile. When this pile gets big enough, stick it on eBay to raise some money to buy more books.

Overall condition of these books is acceptable. The Whispering Mummy has a bit of a worn spine, but is clean enough inside. The 1st Singing Serpent is excellent and appears unread. That Green Ghost honestly could have been printed yesterday; it is immaculate. The rest are VG – Fine, the Terror Castle having a creased front cover.

So there we are folks, the collection is up and running, only 220 books to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment