Books still to collect: 81

Wednesday 20 July 2011

That Talking Skull Had A Tongue In It

And could sing once, but all it really did was mutter to Jupiter in his bedroom at night. Yes, folks, this is of course my fab large Talking Skull, freshly through my letterbox from an ebay dealer.
Really nice condition this one, suffering only from the removal of the original price sticker from the front board. This is a frequent fault with these books, as the gold Collins stickers were quite sticky and sometimes the boards could be worn when they were peeled off, using thumbnails etc. This has a great spine with vibrant colours on it, and looks great on the shelf. I love the cover art to this one, the scene of the boys discovering the skull in the old chest is used on all of the UK edition covers, none as well realised as this original (or at least based on the original).

1 comment:

  1. I'll post up a picture of my US hardback with the original artwork.....

    ReplyDelete