Books still to collect: 81

Monday 19 December 2011

Descend to Darkness and the Burning Phantom Lake

A stoke of luck, bloggers, as I looked at eBay recently and saw that a seller had listed all 24 small hardbacks, including those elusive little devils that I have struggled to locate elsewhere.  A quick check of my shelf indicated that the small hardbacks I had outstanding were Coughing Dragon, Nervous Lion, Phantom Lake and Monster Mountain.  Here was a chance to complete the small hardback collection in one fell swoop, so I placed some fairly high bids.  I managed to win three of the four auctions, bloggers, and my heart was broken as I proved to be the underbidder of Monster Mountain.  Obviously at least one other collector out there finding that a difficult nut to crack.  Anyway, the first one out of the parcel was this:   
Actually a really nice condition Phantom Lake, much better than the over priced ones I’ve seen around the internet recently.  It appears unread and has only minor shelf wear to edges of boards.  I have to say I love this book; Arden was firing on all cylinders and who can resist a classic Three Investigators treasure hunt?   

Angus! Angus! Angus!

No comments:

Post a Comment