Books still to collect: 81

Monday 19 December 2011

A Nervous Lion Among Ladies

I wouldn’t necessarily call this a dreadful thing, bloggers, however I probably won’t be writing home about how great its condition is.   
This is of course the second book from my parcel.  It has worn boards (which I can live with) and a creased and cocked spine (which I find harder to stomach).  I suppose it just about fits into the sellers catch all description of his books being in “good” condition, so I’ll bite my tongue and stick it on the shelf, thankful that I have another gap filled.   

Nick West’s two books do come in for some stick from readers for being, er, shite.  I see them, however, as enjoyable romps  Let’s face it, there are many other titles in the series that would benefit from a few more stolen diamonds and rampaging escaped gorillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment