Books still to collect: 81

Saturday 17 December 2011

Hold As ‘Twere The Haunted Mirror Up To Nature

You sometimes have to look beyond your own country in this Three Investigators collecting game, bloggers.  Having hunted high and low all over the UK for a small hardback Haunted Mirror, I turned to New Zealand to see if any Kiwis had any for sale.  Lucky for me that I did, folks, because otherwise I would have missed this:  


 And what a tragedy that would have been.  A New Zealand based Abebooks dealer was offloading a bunch of small hardbacks, including this little beauty.  It had been given to “Paul Alexander” by his mum and dad in 1980, with the wish that he had “happy reading” and by the looks of the clean pages and tight binding of the book, the ungrateful little bastard didn’t bother his arse.  Well, bloggers, his loss is our gain and we add an unread small Haunted Mirror to the collection.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.  Nectar!

No comments:

Post a Comment