Books still to collect: 81

Sunday 18 December 2011

His Cunning Hath Cheated Me Of The Skeleton Island

Frustration was setting in, bloggers, around my inability to find a large Skeleton Island at a decent price.  So I was all excited when I saw this one listed on eBay:  
Fan me!  A first impression delight with clean pages and boards and vibrant colours.  Bidding was brisk on this one, folks, and the hammer went down at an eye-watering £30 inclusive.  In the aftermath of the auction, I was left dazed, confused and bewildered that I managed to get all of those later editions with dj easier and cheaper than this, lets face it, not exactly rare entry in the series.  Anyway I’ll take that thirty quid on the chin and do without any lamb and mushroom bhoonas made mild for a few weeks to make up the shortfall.  Now, I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie version of this book, bloggers, if not I urge you to track it down.  It’s obviously not a literal translation of the book, but it has the feel of it to be sure.  The one thing that I love about the Three Investigators films are the characters.  They are absolutely bang on.  Jupiter is an annoying, brainy twat; Bob is a fanny magnet and Hugeney (is that how you spell it?) is a cheeky bastard.  It’s a shame they only made two, but let’s face it that’s two more than we ever thought we would see this time ten years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment