Books still to collect: 81

Monday 19 December 2011

Scale Of Coughing Dragon, Tooth Of Wolf

Honestly they are like fucking number 6 buses, these Coughing Dragons.  I never saw hide nor hair of one since March and all of a sudden they are all over the shop.  Take this one for instance:  
Described as being in “acceptable” condition by an Amazon retailer, it turned out to be an ex-library book that has had the boards laminated and the spiderweb endpapers removed.  I suppose it is all to do with how you would define the word acceptable.  It was under a tenner, I suppose, so I shouldn’t really grumble, but the other problem is that the spine is well faded, so it doesn’t look so good on the shelf.  I reckon I’ll need to keep my eyes open for an upgrade.  You have got to love the Mystery of the Coughing Dragon, bloggers.  It gathers some criticism from some fans for being unbelievable.  Of course, Three Investigators books are renowned for their documentary style authenticity so this is a valid comment.  It certainly is a totally ludicrous story which I would urge you all to read.  I have a spare copy if you want to borrow it, but I would invest in some latex gloves if you decide to take up my offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment